The Kenya University and College Central placement service (KUCCPS) is a government body that is responsible for the admission of students to universities, polytechnics, and colleges in Kenya. The governmental body has enabled an online student portal where Kenyan students can conveniently perform the following:
- Application for admission to an institution in Kenya
- Checking admission status
- Checking the courses offered at the institutions and so much more.
KUCCPS Application Guidelines 2021/2022
- To apply, you need to log in to the Student’s Portal using your KCSE Index Number and your KCSE Year. Use your Birth Certificate Number/KCPE Index Number as the Password.
- All available programmes have minimum subject qualifications. You will only be able to apply for a university course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the choice will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity.
- You may view the available programs and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab in the portal. You can similarly search for courses by the institution using the Institutions tab.
- As you select the programmes, you may move the courses that interest you into the Course Basket. This will allow you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have decided on your preferred courses, you will only be needed to enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the selected Programme Codes.
- After confirming that the selected Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.
- An application processing fee is charged as given below:
- Students applying for the first time – Kshs 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Kshs 1,000
- The student placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.
- You are encouraged to keep your transaction code safely. It will be required before you make any following changes to your application.
How to Pay for the KUCCPS 2021/2022 Application, KUCCPS Business number
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number option, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and click Send.
KUCCPS Second Revision of Courses 2021 Deadline
KUCCPS opened the online portal application system on May 24, 2021 and the deadline for the KUCCPS revision is set on June 11, 2021.
The KCSE 2020 candidates who, while at school, had picked their desired courses, should now revise their choices to align them with their passion, interest and exam performance. Those students who did not get a chance to apply while in school are now invited to keep their desired courses.
KUCCPS Student portal 2021/2022; KUCCPS Application portal student.kuccps.net
Various KUCCPS student portals can either be accessed by through a mobile phone or a desktop by using the links below:
- KUCCPS student portal login student.kuccps.net/login
- KUCCPS principal portal login schools.kuccps.net/login
- KUCCPS institution portal login institutions.Kuccps.net/login
How to know if you have not secured a course?
Look for your KCSE index number correctly in the list published on the KUCCPS website www.kuccps.ac.ke
If you find it, you are obligated to log in to the Student‘s Portal and submit a new application for your preferred courses.
It is essential to note that with any KCSE grade, you have an opportunity to pursue a course of your choosing under government sponsorship.
KUCCPS website and contacts
Telephone number 0723954927, 0734879662
Address P. O. Box 105166 – 0010
The course placement body has assured students that regardless of their KCSE score, they will have a chance to pursue their desired career under government sponsorship by joining a college or a university through KUCCPS.
KUCCPS is committed to leaving no candidate behind after KCSE.