In a recently unveiled partnership between Safaricom PLC and Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), all Safaricom users can use their Bonga Points to invest in the stocks at the NSE. This business partnership seeks to give Safaricom users and local investors more value and utility for their Bonga Points while generating more avenues to participate in the NSE and drive financial empowerment. Users gain a point for every Ksh 10 spent on voice, data, SMS, and also from M-Pesa charges and can redeem their Bonga Points via licensed trading participants. In addition, Safaricom subscribers can redeem their points at a rate of Ksh 1 for every 5 points.
Here is how to use Safaricom Bonga Points to buy shares.
To buy NSE shares using Bonga points via USSD code, follow these steps.
- Dial *126#
- Go to the ‘Lipa Na Bonga Points’ option
- Select ‘PayBill’
- Enter the Trading Participant’s PayBill Number
- Then enter your CDSC (the Central Depository and Settlement Corporation) as the Account Number
- Then insert the amount you want to deposit to your CDSC account
- Go to MySafaricom app
To buy NSE shares using Bonga points via the MySafaricom app, follow these steps.
Via MySafaricom app
- Tap the ‘Account’ option
- Select ‘Bonga’
- Choose ‘Lipa na Bonga Points’
- Select Pay to ‘Paybill Number
- Key in the Trading Participant’s PayBill Number
- Then simply enter your CDSC (Central Depository and Settlement Corporation) as the Account Number.
- Then enter the total amount you want to deposit to your CDSC account.
- Enter your PIN and tap ‘Continue.’